The award aims to seek engagement with all stakeholders, primarily the student community to draw their attention towards immense scope and potential that the Technology offers for abstract objectives such as cleanliness, sustainability, environment etc. The rising use of technologies especially IOT, robotics, cloud and automation have immense potential to re-model a campus in to a smart campus. These smart campuses can minimally help in ‘forward delivery’ by optimizing the use of, inter alia energy and water consumption in the campus. Smart campuses would construct ‘Smart Citizens’ – those who are ‘future-ready’ for the Smart Cities and an even Smarter India.
Clean and Smart Campus is also expected to facilitate dialogue and sharing of ideas amongst students, faculty and administrators towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- AICTE- Clean and Smart Campus Award 2020- Shortlisted Institutes for Final round of Online Evaluation
The award shall be categorized into 4 categories –
- AICTE approved Polytechnics
- AICTE approved colleges (including standalone PGDM institutes
- University / Deemed to be universities running technical courses and approved by AICTE
- Award based on Institute Intervention in Indian Knowledge System(IKS)
Clean Campus-This aspect will emphasize on three areas:
- Cleanliness in and around the campus and waste minimization
- Water conservation and management including waste water management and reuse, rain water harvesting, etc
- Environment-friendly activities adopted and practiced by the campus
- Greenery within the campus to provide pollution free air and carbon-sink
Smart Campus-This will emphasize on the following aspects:
- Impact of deployment of digital technology in order for the students, faculty and management in the campus to reduce consumption of natural resources (such as paper, gas, energy etc).
- Alignment of the latest digital trends like IoT, Big Data and Cloud Networking to achieve various aspects of sustainability in the campus, specifically to contribute to United Nations SDGs
- Create an ecosystem to ‘smartly’ connect and share the information with each other at campus, institute and national level. Any international level connect will provide a distinct advantage. The smart connect, though the cloud networking, so established should address concerns of environmental challenges including contribution to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
New Environment Policy-The Award is also focused and aligned with the New Environment Policy AICTE. Some of the questions has been incorporated to focus environmental issues.
Indian Knowledge System (IKS)-A Cell of Ministry of Education is functioning for the AICTE approved institutes to focus the areas of Indian traditional system adopted. Some part of the question has been focused on the issue also. Weightage will be given to those institutes who have worked in the field of Indian Knowledge System directly or indirectly subject to production of documentary evidence.