Promote planned and coordinated development of technical education in the Country after ensuring World standards in the institutions through facilitating and enabling mechanisms.
This facilitation will happen through:
- Development of high quality Institutions, that thrive on academic excellence and promote innovation;
- Research and development programs;
- Networking of Institutions for optimum resource utilization;
- Dissemination of knowledge;
- Technology forecasting and global manpower planning;
- Promotion of industry-Institution interaction for developing new products, services, and patents;
- Inculcating entrepreneurship;
- Encouraging indigenous technology;
- Focusing on non-formal education;
- Providing affordable education to all;
- Making Indian Technical Education globally acceptable;
- A vision of a forward-looking under graduate program that produces an efficient, flexible and empowered manpower, sensitive to the industry’s expectation.
- sensitive to the industry’s expectations.
- Promotion of Quality in Technical Education
- Innovative Policy Directions
- Review of Norms and Standards
- Assessment of Manpower requirement
- Liaison with Central Government, State Governments, Universities and other Statutory bodies
- Involving Industry to promote Quality
- Move towards mandatory accreditation